American International Toy Fair 2014 kicked off Sunday in New York, and Cryptozoic is on site showcasing our upcoming Board Games and Trading Cards for 2014. While the show is only open to select Press and Industry Professionals, we are bringing you the same sneak peeks attendees will see on the show floor this week.
We are excited to reveal the the first of two previews for our unannounced Board Games of 2014!
To learn more, check out each game’s Product Page - where we’ll keep you updated with more insider information as the games get closer to launch!
"Nobody said it was going to be easy!"
Release Available Q3 2014, $20.00 SRP
- First true “expansion” for the popular DC Comics Deck-building game series.
- Introduces co-operative play!
- Introduces “Impossible Mode” Super Villains!
- Six all-new playable Super Heroes for competitive play.
- Dozens of new cards for the main deck.
- Compatible with the original set and Heroes Unite.
"Welcome to Woodbury"
Release Available Q2 2014, $12.95 SRP
- Expansion to the The Walking Dead: Best Defense Co-operative Board Game.
- Adds Woodbury as a new playable location with 25 Unique Woodbury Resource Cards
- Five new Event cards that work with the new Woodbury Location.
- The Governor terrorizes the Survivors as an automated pawn or as a playable opponent to the Survivors
- Adds the option to play with up to FIVE players!
- The Walking Dead: Best Defense Board game is required to play.
"When evil gets all fancy, they break that biz down… for hope!"
Release Available July 2014, $25 SRP, 1–6 players
- Based on the animated series created by Pendleton Ward (Adventure Time)
- Set in the year 3085, the series follows four teenaged heroes-for-hire as they warp through the universe to save adorable aliens and their worlds using the power of their emotions.
- Featuring all new original co-operative game play
- All players get to roll their dice each round (no waiting for your turn)
"A high stakes game of espionage, international intrigue, and screwing over your co-workers!"
Release Available April 2014, $40 SRP, 2–8 Players
- Insult, undermine, and ultimately gain the Upper Hand on your opponents to win the game.
- Mature humor fits with the show’s feel
“We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.”
- Play as Frodo, Legolas, Aragorn, or one of their brave and heroic allies waging the last battle for Middle-Earth™ against the forces of the Dark Lord Sauron!
- Each character has a unique special card in his starting deck that opens up different strategies.
- Fully compatible with all Cerberus: Middle-earth™ games (Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, & The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Deck-building Games)
"The Adventure Begins"
Release Available Q2 2014, $40 SRP, 2-5 players
- Play as Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf and the dwarves that form “The Company”.
- Each character has a unique special ability that opens up different strategies.
- This is a standalone game, but also compatible with other Cerberus: Middle-earth releases such as The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King Deck-building Games.
"The Journey Continues"
Release Available Q3 2014, $20 SRP, 2-5 players
- Play as Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf and the dwarves that form “The Company” as the quest to reclaim Erebor continues
- New Heroes, new main deck, and a challenge on a whole 'nother level: Smaug!
- This new main deck and Archenemy stack appear after you defeat Azog in An Unexpected Journey, but new rules keep the game length to just a little longer than a standard game.
- This is not a standalone product. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Deck-building Game is required to play.