Job Description “Sales Manager”- Cryptozoic Entertainment
Overall Strategic Responsibility – Sales Manager- Cryptozoic Entertainment
The Sales Manager at Cryptozoic Entertainment is responsible for developing and executing successful sales programs in both Hobby and Retail accounts through distribution partners and direct to Retailer when applicable. We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 year’s working experience in the Pop Culture, Hobby, Toys, Games, and Collectables Industry with a history of attending major industry trade shows such as New York Toy Fair, GenCon, and San Diego ComicCon. Please be passionate and knowledgeable about our product categories and industry at large.
Sales Manager – Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Preparation, planning and executing semi-annual and quarterly sales presentations for Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer line reviews to current and new Cryptozoic buyers. Overall objective to effectively manage assigned current accounts, identify and create new opportunities to grow the business.
- Preparation and presentation of strategic account business plans inclusive of in-line plan-o-gram and off-shelf placement opportunities, such as end-caps, power panels, pallet programs to maximize accounts open-to-buy dollars and Cryptozoic distribution across all product categories and brands.
- Identify and set appointments with non-toy buyers (ie. Housewares, Gifts, Home, Barware/ Trend responsible for all seasonal and non-toy departments to expand sales in non-traditional toy categories.
- Oversee and manage rep group relationships and responsibilities. Pre-screen initial recommended agents for Senior Management approval.
- Conduct on-going sales training with assigned Cryptozoic Distributors and rep organizations for new Fall/Winter and Summer/Spring line plans each year.
- Forecast sales projections for key accounts based on sales solicitation deadlines and previous sales results. Additionally, track all PO due dates as per deadlines.
- Prospect for new Cryptozoic accounts in both traditional and non-traditional classes of trade such as housewares chains, container stores, hardware stores, Beverage Warehouses such as Total Wine and Bev-Mo, Loot Box Customers meeting annual minimum sales requirements and profit objectives.
- Screen, prepare and process assigned accounts Vendor Agreements and item setup documentation for internal sales support team and Senior Management. Work closely with National Sales Coordinator.
- Attend and represent Cryptozoic Entertainment at trade shows and key account road shows and open houses as required by VP of Global Sales. ( ie: Calendar Holdings Vender Summit, Toy Fair, ComicCon, etc )
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of competitive activity and retail price strategy at retail.
- Provide input to product teams on hot licenses or trends to review in all categories.
- Track and prepare all account special pricing or promotional deal memos and save in public drive and/or google docs.
- Weekly telephone updates regarding previous week’s activities and other sales opportunities, challenges, etc.
- Travel as required by account and distributor assignments as well as company trade shows that are open to the public and/or closed industry only events.
- As required, attend joint Cryptozoic and Distributor key account meetings representing the respective authorized product categories for sales support and product re-enforcement.
- Submit all account sales calls timely. Identify action items and timing based on buyer feedback so Senior Management can identify, prioritize and distribute to internal product dev team.
Salary: Negotiable with Experience
Reports to: VP of Marketing and Product Development
Employee Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401 K Plan
Timing: Open Position
Please submit your resume as text in an e-mail and send to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do NOT include any attachments with your e-mail.