Release Date: September 28, 2021
- Part of first volume of three Steven Rhodes Games
- Features unique retro art based on the work of popular artist Steven Rhodes
- Fast-paced and easy to learn with very little setup time
- Hidden depth to satisfy hardcore gamers
- From Dynomite Games, an old-school sub-brand of Cryptozoic Entertainment
- Successfully funded on Kickstarter
- 1-4 Players
- Ages 12+
- 15-20 Minutes
From the mind of Steven Rhodes, a graphic artist and illustrator best known for his offbeat reimagining of children’s activity books from the ’70s and ’80s, Don’t Talk to Strangers immerses you in these hilariously dark retro worlds.
School's out but otherworldly STRANGERS are here! Mom and Dad haven't caught on yet so you're on your own, kiddo. Play your cards as efficiently as you can, helping to navigate your kids one at a time from SCHOOL to a SCORING space. Score as many points as you can before the neighborhood is completely overrun with STRANGERS!
1. At the start of the game, each player will draw a hand of 3 cards and place one of their kids in the SCHOOL space. Your goal is to get that kid into a valuable scoring space, at which point you'll place a new kid in the SCHOOL space and repeat the process. Some spaces are worth more points at the end of the game, and some confer a unique bonus (for example, your hand size increases by 1 for each kid you have in the Library).
2. Remember: You want to score a good space, but you'll have to Walk, Run, Skateboard, School Bus, and even City Bus to get there! Each turn you'll play one card and draw a new card to replace it!
- 3. But watch out! When any player draws a STRANGER card, they can abduct any kid on a "STRANGER SPACE!" Furthermore, now that a STRANGER is lurking in that space, it is impassable for all future movement...so you may just have to reroute your plans on the fly! SAUCER cards can abduct *any* kid—even one who has already scored—but your opponent will have to get lucky when they flip the FLYING SAUCER COIN or you'll escape abduction!
- 100 Cards
- 10 Stranger Tokens
- 40 Kid Tokens
- 1 Flying Saucer Coin
- 1 Double-Sided Game Board
- 1 Rulebook