- Features unique retro art based on the work of popular artist Steven Rhodes
- Fast-paced and easy to learn with very little setup time
- Hidden depth to satisfy hardcore gamers
- From Dynomite Games, an old-school sub-brand of Cryptozoic Entertainment
- Successfully funded on Kickstarter
- 2-5 Players
- Ages 12+
- 10-20 Minutes
From the mind of Steven Rhodes, a graphic artist and illustrator best known for his offbeat reimagining of children’s activity books from the ’70s and ’80s, Let’s Dig for Treasure immerses you in these hilariously dark retro worlds.
The game provides a fortune and glory push-your-luck experience in which you’ll be digging for all kinds of zany stuff while looking for cards that are worth a lot of points or trigger powerful effects. Just shuffle up the deck and divide it into 3 "Dig Stacks" and you're ready to start digging for treasure!
- 1. On your turn, choose and "dig up" a card from any of the Dig Stacks. Look for cards worth a lot of points, or cards that trigger a powerful effect, such as stealing a card from another player!
- 2. You can stop digging at any time, or keep digging up cards for as long as you want. The more cards you dig up before you stop, the more you stand to gain, but be careful! If you dig up a 2nd Worms Card, or even a SINGLE Skeleton Card, your turn will end immediately and you'll lose *EVERYTHING* you dug up so far (this turn)!
- 3. Once an entire Dig Stack is empty, the game is over and players add up the total point values on their cards! Be sure to look and see if you scored any "bonus point" effects (you did make sure to dig up some Milk to go with your Cookies, right?).
- 4. You've got all kinds of zany stuff to find while digging, such as Loyal Dogs (protect you from a Skeleton!), Sewer Lines (worth negative points—give them to your least favorite opponent!). Heck, you might even transcend death with The Crown of the Lich Lord, or turn those pesky worms into big points with Skwirmz the Worm God!
- 120 Cards
- 1 Rulebook